The Group companies, active in the branch of fine and basic chemical production, are Caffaro Industrie and ICP. Please find below a short description of their activities.
Caffaro Industrie S.p.A.
The long-established company complex in Torviscosa, founded in 1938 and later chosen by SNIA Viscosa as its production headquarters, joined the group on 24th February 2011 with the name of Caffaro Industrie Spa
. Caffaro Industrie Spa. The industrial settlement initially came into being for the production of cellulose through giant cane, the raw material for artificial fibres. Later, in the 1950s, the chlorine industry developed in Torviscosa with the building of a sodium-chlorine plant. The completion of the chain linked to chlorine came in the early 1990s, when the photochlorination plant was inaugurated in the chemical pole for the processing of chloroparaffins.
In the early 1980s, the first multifunctional production plant started operation: intermediate and final chemical products were produced for the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and paint industries. The Torviscosa factory covers an enclosed area of about 1,205,000 sq.m. To date, its portfolio includes products used in the industry of plasticizers (chloroparaffins), pharmaceuticals, agri-chemicals, cosmetics, food (ketones), in the sector of varnishes and paints, synthetic leathers, adhesives and sealers (organic carbonates).
With a productive capacity of some 15,000 tons per year, the ICP factory in Cotignola operates in processing PVC granules. The main final use is the production of cables, both for industrial and civil purposes.